Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Jackpot

Last Saturday
 Client F, Hubs and I went to gander a midcentury modern dresser I'd been eyeing on eBay 
for F's office redo.
The seller lived close so it was a short jaunt to his house.
The guys house was unbelievable.
 First he let us roam about and said everything inside was for sale and no, he wasn't moving.
What the what?

There were lamps, art, furniture, vintage cameras, glass paper weights, the list goes on and on.
It was all stuff he'd bought from traveling the globe and shopping estate sales.
I was in heaven.

I got these two Indonesian bad gals who currently flank a bench in my entry.

And this Mexican ceramic pineapple which I'm infatuated with.
I think its insides hold the key to life's mysteries because I can't stop gazing at it.

We then followed the seller to a storage facility
where he had two lockers filled with midcentury modern furniture--
bed sets, side tables, desks, chairs, dressers.
Client F got the dresser pictured above and also three vintage cameras.

As for office updates,
yesterday I took these Ikea curtain panels to the tailor to have this trim sewn to them.

Shout out to Naomi at Design Manifest for the idea.
Sadly, I lack a talented seamstress in the family like she has. 
Lucky duck.

It's coming together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me.