Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Nate Berkus at Jayson Home

On Monday this was in my inbox.

On Tuesday evening Katherine, Jamie and I headed to Jayson to meet Mr. Berkus,
giddy with anticipation as to what he'd be like.
This was the best photo of him from the evening
{damn you camera phones}.

I was disappointed how luke-warm his reaction was towards us.
He wouldn't pose for pics with people {what?}. 
You're one of the most adorable human beings on the planet, Nate, of course we want a picture with you.
The line was five minutes long, by no means hours.
Katherine was badass and decided, I don't give a shiz if he doesn't want to pose, it's happening,
therefore conjuring this image.
I bust a gut every time I see this.
You can feel the nonverbal discomfort taking place in the background.

Jayson Home and Garden was the perfect backdrop for the occasion.
Upon entry they offered cold cans of champagne with red and white striped straws.
Waiters walked around with trays of appetizers.
The home goods in this store are sublime. I wanted to take it all home with me.





After some browsing and shopping we were off to Paris Club for dinner.
I had 
 roasted beets with goat cheese toast and walnuts
and 
coconut curry mussels.

Katherine, me, Jamie

A perfect ladies night out. To the max.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! This made me laugh. We'll just have to find another designer to stalk! So great to catch up for an evening! xoxo

    ReplyDelete