Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Enough About Me

I have arrived.
After seven plus years,
from the time my oldest daughter was pushed into the world
and everything changed
 to my youngest daughter turning two and toeing the line of independence,
I am finally able to bring myself to the forefront. 
 At least thats what I tell myself as I contemplate going back to school to study interior design.

When I think back I realize I've always loved it. 
 From moving my bedroom furniture to every wall when I was a teenager
to rearranging moms tchotchkes in a more favorable grouping,
I've always been sensitive to my surroundings.

 And moving into our house three years ago has only made me more obsessed. 
 I'm constantly moving furniture, rugs, wall hangings, pillows, vases, lamps,
plants and trees in heavy terracotta planters, the list goes on and on.
 Don't get me started on paint colors.

 My point being, its who I am.
 Its who I've been all along. 
 Which is why for the first time in a long time I feel purposeful and predestined
and excited for what lies ahead in my new career. 
 But enough about me...
what do you think about me?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere and please note I will never use that term again. I am hoping this new career fulfills you in every way and I know you will do great at it. And I might not have to move as much furniture in the future which is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me.