Thursday, March 15, 2012

Avalon Blanket












I have three daughters.

At home we affectionately call them Small, Medium and Large.

My two year old, Small, is seriously in love with her blanket.
It's a 14x14 pink square thats silky on one side and furry on the other.
She carries it with her everywhere and gets comfort from holding it, stroking it, smelling it.

I was going to show you a picture of Blankie but then decided against it.
Theres no way to mask its dingy and unhygienic nature
as I'm sure you can imagine a blanket thats dragged around by a two year old would be.

If I were to pick a blanket, something that would give me comfort,
warmth and general happiness,
it would be an Hermes Avalon blanket.
How I covet it every time I see one folded at the foot of a bed or casually draped
on a living room sofa.
I imagine how one would look spread out on the back of my sofa.
I envision myself curled up with it
stroking its softness and smelling its wool/cashmere blended gloriousness.
Just like Small.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, it is pretty to envision this scenario until "Small" decided it is her new blankie and begins a torrid 2 year romance with it that will leave you crying and dissolved in general.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me.