Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Dining Room Introduction

Now that the family room is feeling 'finished'
{whatever that means}
it's on to the dining room
which lately seems to be the room where displaced stuff goes to die.

I bought two pagoda-looking bird cages from an antique mall that need to be painted.
I'd like them to flank either end of the buffet.
I'd contemplated lamps but decided I wanted something more unusual,
and I like the height they give to the room.
The main dilemma is: do I wallpaper or do I paint?
If I do wallpaper it's between this
Scalamandre Zebras

or this
Jardin Chinois by Christopher Norman.

My fear of wallpaper is its permanence.
Paint is so easy to repaint.

Lastly
look what was delivered today!
Restoration Hardware French Urn Pedestal Table

Chairs aren't here yet but they look something like this.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Jardin Chinois. It is a classic print, and it is better to take a bold risk and have a designer look than to just paint and regret not doing something great. Just go for it! You can paint over paper or remove it in five years or whatever, but you will be glad you had it while you did...
    xoxo -e (modern24seven.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jardin chinois is my first pick, too. Love seeing your comments.:)

      Delete